Medical Ethics Online Courses
Release Date: November 1, 2018
Expiration Date: October 31, 2020
Medical ethics dilemmas continue to evolve as medical technology advances and spurs additional choices and conundrums in the practice of medicine. This CEU online activity aims to provide health care professionals with a foundation in ethical theories and principles used in the practice of medicine. Such a foundation is needed in solving ongoing medical ethics dilemmas present with the care of patients. The online activity will utilize videos, readings, case scenarios, and short answer questions to optimize learning.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the ethical principles used to resolve dilemmas for optimal care of patients.
- Explain the principles of autonomy, beneficence, and justice as it relates to the practice of medicine.
- Explain appropriate interactions between health care professionals and patients, e.g., truth telling, disclosure of errors.
- Define the current standards regarding professionalism in the practice of medicine.
The CEU courses are designed for physicians in all specialties as well as nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and allied health professionals.
This activity has been granted by IACET to provide continuing medical education for health care professionals.
This activity has been designated as an enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 CE credit. Health care professionals should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To Obtain CEU Credits:
To obtain credit, please review the following information.
- You must attest to having watched all videos and completed all of the readings in the module.
- You must achieve the passing grade for each Lesson activity, which will be indicated in each module.
- You must achieve the designated passing grade on any CEU Quizes.
- You must complete the CME Feedback Survey.
- Once you attest to completing the entire online activity, have achieved the designated passing scores, and have completed the Feedback survey, you will be able to print-out and download a computer generated CEU certificate.
Author, Reviewers, and Planners' Disclosure Information:
The individuals listed below have disclosed no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests:
- Henry Silverman, MD (Author, planner)
- David Harness, MDiv, BCC (Reviewer)
- Ali Tabatabai (Reviewer)
- Computer with Internet connection
- Current version of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari browser
Commercial support acknowledgement:
- This activity received no commercial support
If you are having technical problems (video freezes or is unplayable, can't print your certificate, etc.) you can submit a Help Request to our IT Department, If you have questions related to CEU credit, requirements (Pre-test, Post-test, Evaluation, Attestation) or course content, you can contact the Online support team at email@example.com