Release Date: June 1, 2018
Expiration Date: May 31, 2021
Online teaching has become more prominent in higher education during the last few years. This CEE online activity aims to provide instructors (with or without prior online teaching experience) with a foundation in the theory of online teaching and the practical aspects of designing an online course. The online activity will utilize videos, readings, case scenarios, and short answer questions to optimize learning.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
Discuss the needs of an online learner
• Use the basic operations and features of a Moodle classroom from both student and instructor perspectives
Identify the important differences and requirements between face-to-face and fully online courses
Discuss accepted best practices for online teaching
Demonstrate basic competencies in producing the essential elements of an online syllabus
Creating an effective announcement, and providing an ice-breaking introductory topic
Discuss engaging discussion prompts that will result in active discussion and stimulate critical thinking
Create an introductory video using screencastomatic
This CEU course is designed for all educators who have experience teaching.
Registration Fees: Free for MERETI instructors
This activity has been granted by IACET to provide continuing medical education for health care professionals.
This activity has been designated as an enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 CEU credit. Health care professionals should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To Obtain CEU Credits:
To obtain credit, please review the following information.
- You must attest to having watched all videos and completed all of the readings in the module.
- You must achieve the passing grade for each Lesson activity, which will be indicated in each module.
- You must achieve the designated passing grade on any CEU Quizes.
- You must complete the CEU Feedback Survey.
- Once you attest to completing the entire online activity, have achieved the designated passing scores, and have completed the Feedback survey, you will be able to print-out and download a computer generated CEU certificate.
Author, Reviewers, and Planners' Disclosure Information:
The individuals listed below have disclosed no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests:
- Henry Silverman, MD (Author, planner)
- Computer with Internet connection
- Current version of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari browser
Commercial support acknowledgement:
- This activity received no commercial support
- If you are having technical problems (video freezes or is unplayable, can't print your certificate, etc.) you can submit a Help Request to our IT Department, If you have questions related to CEU credit, requirements (Pre-test, Post-test, Evaluation, Attestation) or course content, you can contact the Online support team at email@example.com
Course Navigation Tutorial