Date: Saturday, August 29, 2020 from 1pm - 5pm Eastern Standard Time with a short break
Deadline for applying is August 26, 2020
- 1:00 - 1:15 Introduction
- 1:15 - 1:45 Options for creating a virtual teaching classroom - Do I need a digital interactive whiteboard?
- 1:45 - 2:00 Equipment for the virtual classroom
- 2:00 - 2:15 Tips for success
- 2:30 - 3:00 Engaging the learner I
- 3:00 - 3:30 Break
- 3:30 - 4:00 Engaging the learner II
- 4:00 - 4:45 Using Zoom
- 4:45 - 5:00 Q & A
Henry Silverman is Professor of Medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. He received his MD degree at The Johns Hopkins University (1974) and his MA Degree in Bioethics at Georgetown University (1995). He is Program Director of two Fogarty/NIH Research Ethics Training Programs in the Middle East and Myanmar. Since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, he has organized multi-day virtual live workshops with his colleagues in the Middle East and Myanmar.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss best practices for virtual teaching.
- Create a digital physical presence.
- Use activities for student interactivity.
- Incorporate Zoom in their teaching.
- Henry Silverman, MD
This activity has been designated for a maximum of 2.0 IACET CEU credits. Health care professionals should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
TO OBTAIN CEU CREDITS:
To obtain IACET continuing education credits and be able to print-out and download a computer generated CEU certificate., you must achieve the following:
- You have attended the afternoon session.
- You have completed the Feedback Survey.
- You have achieved a passing grade on the exit quiz.
Henry Silverman has disclosed no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests. No commercial entity has had any input into the content of this program.
- Computer with Internet connection
- Current version of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari browser
- For questions/help about logging in or accessing this website please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
COMMERCIAL SUPPORT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
This activity received no commercial support.
If you are having technical problems (e.g., video freezes or can't print your certificate, etc.) please contact Yogesh Nahar at: email@example.com. If you have questions related to CEU credit, requirements (Post-test, Evaluation) or course content, please contact Henry Silverman at: firstname.lastname@example.org.